GACO (Gloucestershire Association of Cricket Officials) is charged with the recruitment, training development and appointment of umpires and scorers in the county of Gloucestershire and the City of Bristol.
Under laws effective from 25th May 2018, we are required to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected.
A summary of the key points is shown below:
Name of data controller Gloucestershire Association of Cricket Officials
Contact details Mail: The Hon. Membership Secretary, c/o Hill House, Gloucester Street, Painswick, GL6 6QR
Phone: 01452 812911
Categories of personal data :
Date of Birth
Bank details (if applicable)
Your role (umpire or scorer) any relevant training courses completed, qualifications or grading achieved/obtained
Special requirements/medical condition (if relevant)
Sources of personal data You
Purposes of processing GACO will process your personal data for the purposes of:
• Administering your membership and supporting your role as a scorer/umpire
• Communication of newsletters, AGM notices etc.
• Training, development and appointing purposes
Who we will disclose your personal data to :
- Training Officer
- Performance Team
- Appointments Team
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing your personal data is:
• administration and programme delivery: that it is necessary to fulfil functions that members of GACO should expect of its officers.
• medical support for you: that you have (or if you are under 13, your parent or guardian has) given explicit consent by answering the question
• in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to build a programme to encourage participation in cricket officiating and does not prejudice or harm rights and freedoms of participants or parents/guardians of children that join the programme.
Your right to withdraw consent Where you have (or for those Under 13 your parent or guardian has) given consent, you/they have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you or they do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data
- Full data from the membership form will be held by the Membership Secretary, the Chairman and the General Secretary.
- Bank details and consent forms, where applicable, will be held by the Treasurer.
- GACO Officers will have access to email addresses and phone numbers only of members.
- The Training and Development Team will have access to records of training and accreditation.
How long we will keep your personal data for We will normally keep your personal data for 12 months after your last engagement with us. After this time your details held electronically will be deleted and paper records shredded.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right to access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Complaints If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling 01452 812911.
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Last updated Feb 2022